The Emerald Greens Junior Golf Program is dedicated to providing golf instruction and encouragement to all junior golfers in Dakota County and southern Washington County.
Created as "The Futures Club" in 1997 by Rosemount High School Head Girls Coach Barry Wallin, the program was open only to girls from 1997-2005. In summer 2006, when Coach Wallin was hired as the Director of Golf Instruction at Emerald Greens, he opened the Futures Club up to include boys as well and renamed it the Emerald Greens Jr Golf Program. Coach Wallin is a two-time MN State High School Golf Coach of the Year.
What does the Emerald Greens Jr Golf Program offer?
- Golf lessons for beginners, intermediates, advanced, or parent/child. Click to see this summer's program
- Lessons for beginners, intermediates, advanced, or parent/child.
- All equipment (clubs, balls, tees, etc.) is provided for those who want it, both youth and adults.
- Sessions for current grades preK-5 and 4-8.
- Small class sizes allow for great individual attention.
- Lesson times vary to fit your schedule.
- League play is available for the intermediate and advanced levels.
- Lessons are given by PGA Golf Professional Barry Wallin, Director of Golf Instruction at Emerald Greens GC and Head Girls’ Golf Coach at Rosemount High School. Coach Wallin is assisted by accomplished collegiate and high school golfers who are also excellent at working with kids.
The fundamentals of the full swing, putting, chipping, and pitching will be part of every lesson sequence. Advanced topics will include sand play, pre-shot routine, detailed video swing analysis, preparing for competition, and course strategy.
The Emerald Greens Jr Golf Program is dedicated to helping junior golfers become good golfers. How? Click here to find out more...
Every sport has a uniform, and golf is no different. No, I don’t mean plaid, but please dress in proper golf attire. This means nice t-shirts or golf shirts, modest shorts, and proper footwear (golf shoes or tennis shoes). Please, absolutely no sandals, cut-offs, and specifically for girls, no loose shirts that flop open when you are in your golf address position. A simple rule: If a shirt has sleeves, it doesn’t need a collar. If it has a collar it doesn’t need sleeves.
Rainout and make-up lesson information:
In the event of poor weather, please call 651-683-6969 and select voice mail box #94498. Alternate plans will be announced through the greeting on my voice mail. Make-up lessons will only be given in the event of a planned lesson being cancelled due to inclement weather. If you miss any scheduled lesson, please feel free to attend any other lesson with the age group and time that best fits your schedule. Please try to limit this, as classes should not become chronically overloaded due to individual schedule conflicts.
On our first day:
We will meet for the first lesson at the Emerald Greens Golf Course teaching building located next to the driving range at the entrance of the parking lot. After check-in, we will go over safety rules.
Download a complete 2018 Emerald Greens Jr Golf brochure here. (.pdf file)
All lessons are held at Emerald Greens GC.
Contact Mr. Wallin: Barry.Wallin@futuresclub.org or cell phone: 651-245-5899